www.WillhiteWeb.com
MANSION HOUSE
Joseph Smith Jr. and his family moved into the Mansion House in Nauvoo in August 1843. Later a wing was added to the east side of the main structure for a total of 22 rooms. Beginning in January 1844, Ebenezer Robinson managed the house as a hotel, and the Prophet maintained 6 of the rooms for his family. The house served somewhat as a social center of Nauvoo society. Important dignitaries were received here by the Prophet.
When the Prophet Joseph and his brother Hyrum were shot and killed in Carthage, Illinois, and their bodies were brought to this house to lie in state prior to the funeral. They are buried in a small family cemetery plot just across Main Street, west of the old log home that Joseph lived in when he first came to Nauvoo. Emma Smith lived in the Mansion House until 1871. Then she moved into the Nauvoo House, where she died in 1879.

RED BRICK STORE
This reconstruction of Joseph Smith’s store and office is located in Nauvoo, Illinois. It was one of the most important buildings in the Church during the Nauvoo period. Not only serving as a general store, it also became the center of social, economic, political, and religious activities. Joseph Smith maintained an office on the second floor. Before the temple was completed, the upper room of the store was used as an ordinance room, where the first full endowments were given. On 17 March 1842, the Prophet Joseph organized the women of the Church into the Relief Society.

NAUVOO TEMPLE
The Nauvoo Temple was the first in which ordinances such as eternal marriage and baptism for the dead were performed. This temple, which was such an integral part of the Lord's work, was not completed before Joseph Smith died a martyr. Construction of the Nauvoo Temple began in the spring of 1841 on a hilltop overlooking the Mississippi River. The Saints eagerly labored to receive the blessings promised by the Lord. Work on the temple continued at great sacrifice after the death of Joseph Smith, and portions of the temple were dedicated as they were completed. Between December 1845 and February 1846, nearly 6,000 Latter-day Saints received their endowments in this house of the Lord before moving west. The temple was dedicated in the spring of 1846.
After the Saints left Illinois, the temple was destroyed by fire and a tornado. The Church reacquired the temple lot in 1937 and rebuilt the Nauvoo Temple on its original site in 2002.

OTHERS
There are around 40 more places to visit, I recommend these:
Brigham Young Home
Browning Home & Gunsmith Shop
Cultural Hall
Heber C. Kimball Home
John Taylor Home
Wilford Woodruff Home
Home

Nauvoo, Illinois

LDS Historic Sites
Nauvoo Temple Red Brick Store Joseph Smith Home
Homestead and graves
Nauvoo Temple
Mississippi River Nauvoo Browning Home & Gunsmith Shop Cultural Hall
Cultural Hall
Inside Browning Home & Gunsmith Shop
Mississippi River from the Pioneer Memorial
Inside the Red Brick Store
Red Brick Store
Red Brick Store
Mansion House
Mansion House
Browning Home
Main street and the Browning Home & Gunsmith Shop
Brigham Young Home
Brigham Young Home
Heber C. Kimball Home Wilford Woodruff Home
Wilford Woodruff Home
Heber C. Kimball Home
Nauvoo Temple
Nauvoo Temple from Exodus to Greatness area of the Mississippi River shoreline
Nauvoo Map
Joseph & Hyrum Smith Memorial
Joseph & Hyrum Smith Memorial
Red Brick Store
Upstairs in the Red Brick Store
Cultural Hall Nauvoo
Third level of the Cultural Hall
Nauvoo Temple Joseph Smith Grave Nauvoo
Nauvoo Temple
Graves of Joseph, Emma and Hyrum