WillhiteWeb.com - Puget Sound Parks
Fred Hutchison Playground
At first this park looks like the playground of a school yard but the sign at the entrance welcoming to all. Compact and clean, the Fred Hutchison Playground is a nice community park where locals gather for baseball, basketball, tennis or just having the kids play in the childrens equipment. The playground was originally called the Rainier Beach Playground, developed in 1911. In 1965 the community petitioned the Park Board to rename this playground in honor of a former resident who had achieved great fame in the baseball world, Fred Hutchinson (1919-1964).
S Norfolk St. and 59th Ave. S
The Community Center
The kids play area
The tennis and basketball courts
The entrance off Pilgrim Street